Conceived by Jay Barnacle, Kay Festa, Ai Chinen, Earle Lipski, You Nakai, Natalie Bays, and Josef Easeman
Premiered as "'BIPAF' by No Collective":
28 July 2013, at Woods Cooperative and Panoply Performance Laboratory,
during the Brooklyn International Performance Art Festival (BIPAF)
Performed by: Vadim Pevzner, Natalie Bays, and Josef Easeman
1. A piece performed inside any given festival.
2. The title of the piece should be exactly the same as that of the festival itself (FIG A)
3. Find as many groups as possible which has the same name as yours, and ask them to make a piece that has the same title as that of the festival.
4. The performance happens in several distant venues simultaneously (the number matches that of the groups) , and the audience has to choose which one to attend.
5. For the announcement, mix the bio of the assembled groups (FIG B)
6. Each group performs their piece in one of the venues.
7. The details of each performance may vary, but should all reflect the problematics of the festival itself (true to its title).
(For its premiere at BIPAF, No Collective's (which?) performance consisted in telling all the assembled audience that, (a) the piece could only be performed to a single audience, and (b) if after 20 minutes, there is more than one audience left in the room, the performance would be canceled)
Nazareth, House, Estancia, Albuquerque, Questa, Taos, Santa Fe, Elmo, Moab, Ballard, Dinosaur, Ruleton, New Cambria, Alma, Mark Twain, New York, 12 June-27 July, 2013